Let’s go back 2019 or maybe 2018 I’m not sure but I was in Old Navy - I don’t remember why because I don’t really buy clothing. Nothing against the store but shopping for clothing is not something I like to do or enjoy.
That being said, I found this romper, fell in love with the colour and the bonus - it’s a Linen blend. It was on clearance but it was size XXL and I couldn’t find a size that would fit me so I bought it with the thoughts of going home and reconstructing it to my size.
For me alterations is on the same level as shopping - hate it - so needless to say the romper went into the stash never to be seen, that is until late May 2020.
It really wasn’t that difficult to rip apart. I cut down the front at the princess seams by 1” per side.
Took in a bit at the side back.
Here’s how the top looked on the mannequin once I made the adjustments.
At the pants I took it in 2 inches on both sides - well technically 4 inches (because there is front and back) so in total 8” was taken off the pants and it was still a bit big so I added pleats as you can see in the pictures below.
I also eliminated the side pockets because 1, I hate pockets and 2, I was not going to reconstruct it. I prefer the look of clean lines on my side seams.
I probably will never do a project like this again. It’s so much easier for me to construct a garment from flat fabric.
Until next time, be original, show off your style